Friday 18 May 2012

Bread Revolution - Flatbreads

This was my second recipe from Bread Revolution (my first being a white loaf which for some reason I have deleted my photo of!). I decided to make the flatbreads after getting some lamb mince in the reduced section of Tesco and I had a nosey through my books and decided to make some lamb kebabs (Bill Grainger's recipe) and the recipe stated to serve in pitta or flatbreads.

The kebabs were lovely (although possibly just a lamb burger in disguise), my daughter did all the measuring and mixing and we added some rosemary from the garden and some mint sauce to make them even tastier. The flatbreads were delicious, as usual I only made half of the mix, however, I did struggle to get the windowpane effect when kneading them so I think I didn't have the dough wet enough. We topped some of them with some lovely salt and, again, rosemary from the garden. For my daughter (who is eight and therefore I don't like her having salt) we topped a couple with garlic to make them like garlic pizza bread.

We (me and daughter) ate them while watching the Olivier Awards on the red button (well done Les Miserables!) and they were a brilliant Sunday night dinner. Husband had his later and revitalised them in the oven as instructed in the book and really enjoyed them.

I'm going to try these again as I think they'll be even better if I can get that windowpane effect. Also I'll try and work on my shaping a bit more next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment